Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Dekker Scale

I recently finished reading Ted Dekker's newest novel The Bride Collector. Fully prepared to be disappointed, as a whole I enjoyed the book. Of course it was similar to Dekker's other serial killer books, but his story telling was as powerful as ever. Dekker purposefully leads the reader to believe that his main character is the same as his villain a la Thr3e. This book of course does not measure up to Thr3e, being the canon that all other Dekker books are measured against. I mentally rate each of Dekker's books...

...so I present to you the Dekker Scale. (Of course--this is only my opinion)

1............5.............10
Kiss - - - Green - - - - Thr3e

I would rate Bride Collector about a 7: One of Dekker's better books.

Looking forward to Immanuel's Veins this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment